- Nov 26, 2015
- 0 comments
Our team has a lot to be thankful for this year:
- First and foremost, we are so thankful to be able to pursue a career that we are all incredibly passionate about. I personally know that it’s felt like I haven’t worked a single day since I left my job as an equity derivatives trader in 2009. There are ups and downs just like any career, but it’s very rewarding to be our own bosses with all of the freedom that online poker allows us.
- It’s a unique opportunity for us that for each hour we work, the more money we make. So many people out there work 9-5 salaried jobs where no matter how much extra they work, or how much more efficiently they work, they’re going to make the same amount of money at the end of the year. In our profession, our work ethic both in efficiency and volume directly correlates to our pay at the end of the year, which I’m so thankful for.
- In what is at times an uncertain environment, we’re thankful for another year of hugely profitable online poker games in the US.
- We are thankful to be able to back such a great team of online poker players. This is our strongest group of players ever and we know the talent is only going to continue to improve moving forward.
- We are thankful for our incredible coaching and management team comprised of Sean Kraper and Dan Thomson. These guys are directly responsible for the continued success of our players at the tables.
- We are thankful for our new poker house in Las Vegas, where 6 of our players have moved in to grow their games, motivate each other, and enjoy the extra benefits of being a professional poker player in Las Vegas.
- I’m personally thankful for my business partner Eric Deutsch, who has been my best friend for over a decade now. Our contrasting investment styles balance each other out perfectly and I couldn’t ask for a better partner.
- I’m thankful for my family who has always supported my career decisions. So often I see poker players who have to hide their career choice from their families, generally because they do not understand our careers. I’m fortunate to have a family who has taken the time to learn about our industry and support my career choices the entire way.
- Last and definitely not least, I’m thankful for my wife who has supported me throughout my career. Her support has enabled me to pursue my passion which I’m so grateful for. We have a baby on the way, due in April and I’m so thankful for that!
Happy Thanksgiving from Everyone at Imawhale Staking
CEO, Imawhale Staking Group